Intellisense? RRS feed

• Question

• User669768515 posted
    I've created a C# class and I've commented it correctly with XML commenting. I can create the XML documentation for the class just fine. The problem I'm encountering is this - the class is compiled, and the assembly is referenced from another project ... the code works fine, but there's no intellisense for any of my properties or methods (besides the basic property or method name and return type). Other developers would like to see the descriptive intellisense that you get when looking at 'built-in' methods and properties of C#. you know, a description of the method, etc. How can I get intellisense to show up correctly? Anyone? Thanks!
    Friday, August 15, 2003 7:30 PM

All replies

• User-536532143 posted
    Hmm, personally I've never used VS.NET, but I can imagine you have to generate the documentation files for that (mcs /doc option) as the documentation isn't stored within the assembly. Anyway, that might be the direction you'll have to look :)
    Saturday, August 16, 2003 11:59 AM
  • User669768515 posted
    I figured this out... You need to name the xml doc the same as your assembly name. When your assembly gets compiled, the xml file gets written. When the assembly is referenced from another project, the xml file get pulled in, too, and intellisense uses this doc to show the summary info per method, property, etc.
    Monday, August 18, 2003 3:30 PM
  • User-1877975950 posted

make certain that your class namespace definition is the same as your project name

for example:  namespace Your_Project_Name {

you can also try to refresh the cache using cntrl -shift-r

hope this is the cause

Friday, April 10, 2015 8:39 AM