none
Combining RGB and Depth data RRS feed

Answers

• The SDK will allow you to map between depth and color pixel coordinates and from depth pixel coordinates and depth value to skeleton space which is what you would use to actually render it. You would use OpenGL or DirectX to actually render it. If you're wanting to use C# or VB then Game Studio and XNA would be the way to go. There's lot's of examples and samples not terribly technical available on that path. If you're adept at programming, just not familar with 3D graphics programming you could likely be up and running in a few weeks to a month. If you're new to programming it's likely going to take a bit longer, but not terribly, i.e. few months. That's assuming you're putting in time and effort, not an hour here and there.
    Friday, July 8, 2011 4:00 AM

All replies

• The SDK will allow you to map between depth and color pixel coordinates and from depth pixel coordinates and depth value to skeleton space which is what you would use to actually render it. You would use OpenGL or DirectX to actually render it. If you're wanting to use C# or VB then Game Studio and XNA would be the way to go. There's lot's of examples and samples not terribly technical available on that path. If you're adept at programming, just not familar with 3D graphics programming you could likely be up and running in a few weeks to a month. If you're new to programming it's likely going to take a bit longer, but not terribly, i.e. few months. That's assuming you're putting in time and effort, not an hour here and there.
    Friday, July 8, 2011 4:00 AM
  • Thanks for your response.

I started learning C# for the Kinect. I looked into OpenGL and found a C# toolkit for it called OpenTK which from a first glance seems "easy" to use. 

I'm wondering what it is like using toolkits when they were originally for C++? I know porting the code will be a pain.

Friday, July 8, 2011 7:21 AM
  • @SeriousTyro

I think that you could ask directly to the person who made the video =)

sorry I can't help you further

Friday, July 8, 2011 8:28 AM