GridSplitter.Cursor not chaning RRS feed

• Question

• Referring to the thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/wpfprerelease/thread/c3c192af-4666-47ac-836c-803148a35207 (Why is it locked anyway?)

I have questions,

The answer poster said,

"The obvious danger is this changes the mouse cursor for ALL applications, so if you fail to change it back on MouseLeave, then the cursor will always be the SizeWE!"

Why is this an obvious danger? Under what condition might the MouseLeave event fail to execute?

Another question is, the previous cursor might not be Cursors.Arrow. How to handle this?

• Moved by Yves.Z Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:38 AM WF related (From:Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF))
    Monday, June 6, 2011 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi ellde,

I could not repro the problem which described in original post. Does this problem only occur when hosting WF design?

Plus, when there are cross screen operations like in virtual desktop, the MouseLeave event may fail to execute and so on. In case the previous cursor may be different, you can store the previous cursor state and restore it in mouseleave event handler.

Best regard

Yves Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:54 AM
  • ellde, do you have any updates?
    Yves Zhang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, June 13, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Hi Yves, Sorry about the late response. Yes, my issue also occurs with WF hosting. But I don't know about using grid in other use. If you want to reproduce the issue, you can use the WF\Basic\DesignerRehosting project and add GridSplitter to the main window. Thanks for your attention!
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:46 AM
  • I am sorry but now it seems not much related to WPF, I will help you to move this to WF forum in order to get more professional help on WF issues.

Have a nice day!

Yves Zhang [MSFT]

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:37 AM