Installing EW3 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have EW3 with SP1 and have just downloaded SP2. When I try to install from the download I get the following message:

"The file 'PreviewFirefoxResourceFile.en cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'WeConen.cab.' This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Even when I place my EW3 CD in the disk drive I get the same message even though windows explorer tells me that the cabinet is on the disk.

Any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix it as I need to use the SuperViewer with the new Firefox.

Thanks,
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 11:47 PM

All replies

• Well, googling PreviewFirefoxResourceFile.en or WeConen.cab returns no links to anything but this question and dozens of Torrent sites.

Even searching Microsoft.com for the above terms shows nothing.

The disc is a DVD, not CD (people have had that problem before), but since you say Explorer says the cabinet is on the disc that shouldn't be your problem. There have been problems, though, with some optical drive drivers interferring with the install, so you might try copying everything to the HD and running it from there.

I dream of a better world...a world in which a chicken can cross the road without its motives being questioned.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 3:44 AM