Can I create a new project type to be used in Visual Studio Integrated Shell 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I need to create a new project type because I want to install a dsl that was developed with Dsl Tools in Visual Studio Integrated Shell. I need a new project template based in this new project type.

Best Regards

Octavio Cesar

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>>Can I create a new project type to be used in Visual Studio Integrated Shell 2013?

>>I need a new project template based in this new project type.                                   

I think it is worth a try.

Please check if the following links could provide some helpful information:

Creating Project Types

Creating Project Templates

How can i create a new project type?

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:42 AM
  • Thanks Janet.

I also check this link and It was really helpful too.(Walkthrough: Part 1 - Creating a Basic Project System). In this page explain how to create a custom project type and define a template based on it. To do this is necessary create a VSPackage

Best Regards

Octavio Cesar

Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Hi Octavio,

Thanks for your kind feedback and sharing.

According to the information you provided, I think you are on the appropriate way to implement what you need.

So why not go all the way?

I think if we have some ideas in mind,we'd better put them into practice after preparations.

Forum is just the place where we can discuss questions and solutions,in other words, exchange opinions,however, the final implementation lies in ourselves.

You could follow your thoughts to create your program step by step and then share your experience here after having testified the result.

Here are some other related links for your information:

Walkthroughs for Customizing Visual Studio By Using VSPackages

Tutorial 2-- Creating Your First VSPackage

Sincerely,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>>Can I create a new project type to be used in Visual Studio Integrated Shell 2013?

>>I need a new project template based in this new project type.                                   

I think it is worth a try.

Please check if the following links could provide some helpful information:

Creating Project Types

Creating Project Templates

How can i create a new project type?

Best Regards,

Jane.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:42 AM
  • Thanks Janet.

I also check this link and It was really helpful too.(Walkthrough: Part 1 - Creating a Basic Project System). In this page explain how to create a custom project type and define a template based on it. To do this is necessary create a VSPackage

Best Regards

Octavio Cesar

Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:09 PM
  • Hi Octavio,

Thanks for your kind feedback and sharing.

According to the information you provided, I think you are on the appropriate way to implement what you need.

So why not go all the way?

I think if we have some ideas in mind,we'd better put them into practice after preparations.

Forum is just the place where we can discuss questions and solutions,in other words, exchange opinions,however, the final implementation lies in ourselves.

You could follow your thoughts to create your program step by step and then share your experience here after having testified the result.

Here are some other related links for your information:

Walkthroughs for Customizing Visual Studio By Using VSPackages

Tutorial 2-- Creating Your First VSPackage

Sincerely,

Jane.

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:47 AM