Is there any Events that triggers when the Cursor left a Field or textbox RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a Form to maintain the Customer Data and I want to retreive the records when the user type the Customer ID and press TAB or ENTER (In this case I made the ENTER works like TAB, because I don't like the sound it makes when ENTER is pressed).

I have a Button that does what I want, but I want it this way, because the Customer ID is not generated by the program, I let the User type it the way he/she wants it.

The Big picture of this is that I don't want the User type all the information and check later that this ID is already assigned to another customer.

I wanted to do it with the ENTER Event, but when the Form was runned I have a validation in the "Get Records Button" that checks if the Field is empty displays and error, this error is displayed in this event, every  time I run the program I don't know why!

So I realized that I need to launch this event when the user left the textbox.

Friday, August 17, 2007 5:42 PM

Answers

•  

Private Sub TextBox1_Leave(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.Leave

End Sub

or lostfocus

Friday, August 17, 2007 5:51 PM

All replies

•  

Private Sub TextBox1_Leave(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.Leave

End Sub

or lostfocus

Friday, August 17, 2007 5:51 PM
  • Yes!

At last!

Thank you very much!

Friday, August 17, 2007 5:56 PM