ISSUE in wcfwebhttp adapter BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All

I am facing an issue in WCFWEbHTTP adapter, Issue: we get an exception of type System.Net.webexception in consuming any verb PUT,POST then that exception is not getting subscribed in BizTalk Orchestration. How we can get adapter exception back in orchestration. Do we need to do something with Behavior.

anagh

Saturday, April 4, 2020 7:30 AM

All replies

• Do you have an exception block around your send / receive shapes?   What exception are you catching in your exception block?
    Sunday, April 5, 2020 8:28 PM
  • Hi Colin

I do have exception blocks in Orchestration.I am catching System Exception and .net.web exception

anagh

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:05 AM
  • System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (422) Unprocessable Entity.
    {"error":"RecordInvalid","description":"Record validation errors","details":{"email":[{"description":"Email: biztalk5@gmail.com is already being used by another user","error":"DuplicateValue"}],"external_id":[{"description":"External 122222 has already been taken","error":"DuplicateValue"}]}}

This error occurs when incorrect message is received

anagh

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:52 AM
  • It looks like data issue , the request doesn't accepting by the Rest service, please verify the REST swagger with your request , Please test through Postman and will you let you know more details.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2020 11:40 AM
  • True . Message is wrong that I know, But it should return exception to orchestration back. Issue is adapter not returning exception

anagh

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:46 PM
  • I've not had a problem in BizTalk 2013 R2, it returns the exception back to the Orchestration.  There is one issue where it also suspends the error message due to the fact that it does not set the Message Type correctly to a SOAP error envelope, so that causes the error message to suspend, unless you use the hack of setting up a send port with a NULL adapter to subscribe to all responses and throw then away (or you could use a FILE adapter to write to a throw away folder) .

What version of BizTalk are you using?

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 8:44 PM