What's the point of *_IsReadOnly methods in HTML client when they don't get hit? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

Like said in the title. I need to protect some fields from end user to change.

I have both SL desktop and HTML client, but what's the point of these methods when only one client obeys them, other don't? So do I now need to change whole logic of SL desktop just to allow HTML client to operate properly? What LS designers had in mind when they have created "clients"? Rant off..

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Kivito,

AFAIK, IsReadOnly – If True, specifies that the value cannot be changed by the developer.

For this issue, it's recommended to create separate screens for HTML client and Desktop client.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:13 AM
  • Hi!

Problem is that these methods are available on server and in SL client, these methods on server do not get called when working with html client.. it is a known issue.. If I have working SL client and want to create html mobile companion for it, I must change the way SL client works.. 

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

Thursday, March 24, 2016 1:47 PM
  • Hello Kivito,

For this requirement, it's also recommended to submit request to Visual Studio Uservoice site via Lightswitch portalthis site is for suggestions and ideas, Visual Studio team will take this into consideration. 

Seriously?  Since when?
    • Edited by Hessc Friday, April 8, 2016 4:17 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2016 4:16 AM
  • Ha uservoice sure.
    Monday, April 11, 2016 11:45 PM