none
Writing Word 2010 Addins so they are not affected by events triggered in other Addins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

This may be a daft question but here goes! - We have a couple of Word addins that are loaded - ones a third party addin and the other has been developed internally.  A third addin needs to be developed that will basically perform some tasks and will open a few documents.  I know that the other two addins intercept the open events to perform various things.  We dont want this new addin to be affected by code running in any of the other addins - i.e. we dont want the open intercepted in this case.

Hope that made sense :)

Is this possible?

Many thanks

Anna

Anna

Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Events are given to all COM add-ins and you cannot prevent a third-party add-in from getting and handling that event. Just to get all possibilities listed: you can turn a COM add-in off using WordApp.COMAddins.Item(strProgId).Connect=False. 

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 3),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader

Please mark answers and useful posts to help other developers use the forums efficiently.

• Marked as answer by AnnaMossity Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:59 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Events are given to all COM add-ins and you cannot prevent a third-party add-in from getting and handling that event. Just to get all possibilities listed: you can turn a COM add-in off using WordApp.COMAddins.Item(strProgId).Connect=False. 

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 3),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader

Please mark answers and useful posts to help other developers use the forums efficiently.

• Marked as answer by AnnaMossity Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:59 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Hi Andrei,

Many thanks for this - for some reason I didnt think of turning the com addin off.  Works perfectly.

Many thanks again :)

anna

Anna

Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:59 AM