none
Problem understanding Azure CDN RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts, I am new to Azure CDN. Basically, I am trying to use CDN for my php website images, javascript files and css files.

I have created an Azure blob storage, then I added one container and started adding file to that container. I noticed that each file is accessible via a url something like this https://*******.blob.core.windows.net/content/Test1.jpg 

Thats it!. I guess that is what I wanted. But, now question is; where CDN comes to play? I see that we can create a CDN and then add endpoint to that CDN that will further point to Blob Storage that I have created earlier. But, question is, why I would need to create that CDN and its end point while I am already able to access my file thru url that is provided by Azure Storage?

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code" KaushaL || BLOG || Profile

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:06 PM

All replies

• Hi , 

You can either use the Storage URL directly or access the same via CDN. The use of CDN here in this case is, lets say you have  5 MB picture in the storage blob and you try to access from Internet. Every time when you try to access end users needs to get that data from the storage account which causes latency. But if you use CDN, it gets cached in the POP servers and users will receive the image quicker. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:26 PM
  • Ok. That make sense. However, when I try to browse the file via CDN url in browser, then the url changes to blob container storage url. Is that the desired/expected behavior?

"I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code" KaushaL || BLOG || Profile

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Ideally it shouldn't. CDN will hide the origin when you browse CDN url. 

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:44 PM
  • Hi Sam, 

Do you have any update on this issue?

Please 'Mark as answer' if any of the replies helped, so that others in the community who are looking for similar question, can benefit from it.

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:46 AM