Change Logo image, but failed, why?

Question

• I would like change the logo image file in Pacjage.appxmanifest/Tile, but failed loading, why?

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you getting an error, or is it just not displaying? What image type are you trying to use? What size is it? Can you see the image if you hover over it in the Solution Explorer?

Rebecca M. Riordan

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:18 PM
  •  It's jpg image, and size is not 150 x 150, then I convert it to png, and resize to 150 x 150, still got error. I rebuild this image, use png format, and 150 x 150 pixel,  it's work now. Looks like not all image file can be used as logo.
    Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:45 PM
  • So it was a file format problem? Glad you got it fixed...

Rebecca M. Riordan

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:24 PM
  • But I don't know what kind of file format is not fit for logo.
    Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:06 PM
  • AFAIK, it needs to be a png or jpg, but all I know about the subject is what it says here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh781198.aspx

And I remember reading some place that display failures were most often the result of encoding problems, but I can't find that now.

Rebecca M. Riordan

Thursday, April 05, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Correct Rebecca!

Tile images must have dimensions less than or equal to 800x800 pixels, have a file size of less than or equal to 150 KB, and be of type .png, .jpg, or .jpeg. There are no bit-depth or color requirements for an image as long as it meets the other requirements.

Frank, there must have been some weird headers or something in your image if it met all this criteria and failed to display.  I am glad you were able to workaround the issue!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Jeff,

It's glad to get your answer, but if VS11 can auto convert image format it would be nice.

Frank Wu

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:50 PM
  • thanks for the feedback!

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:04 PM