none
How I installed the LOB WCF Oracle Adapter and am still alive to talk about it. RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is how I installed the LOB Adapters. The only one I was interested in
    was the Oracle Database LOB adapters.  I am able to successfully run the SQLEXECUTE
    sample and the SelectAccTable examples. Hope this helps someone. 

Installation on Windows Server 2008 Standard SP1

LOB 64 Bit SDK         - WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 x64.zip
    LOB 64 Bit                - Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x64.zip
    ODAC 64 Bit XCOPY  - Universal Installer version crashed during install so I used XCOPY.
                                   - ODAC1110720Xcopy.zip
    Oracle 64 Bit Client   - 11107_w2k8_x64_production_client.zip

Do Not Install LOB 32 Bit SDK!!!  It is not neccessary and will cause conflicts.

LOB 32 Bit                  - Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack 2_0 Evaluation x86.zip
    ODAC 32 Bit               - ODTwithODAC1110720.zip
    Oracle 32 Bit Client     - win32_11gR1_client.zip

Copy your sqlnet.ora, ldap.ora and tnsnames.ora from your client PC into the
    same directories (../client/network/admin) for your server install.  There is a directory
    for 32 and 64 bit clients.  Test connectivity with both 32 and 64 bit sqlplus (cmd line)
    via dos shell.

I have 3 oracle homes.  This seems to work fine.
    Oracle32 (client and odac)
    Oracle 64 (client)
    Oracle64odac (odac 64)

Sample Project Tips ...

I downloaded sqldeveloper so I could run the sql scripts to create the db objects.

You will have to edit the binding.xml files in the samples since you have to re-sign your
    projects and the id is different than those in the GAC assemblies.

All of the samples are called SampleApplication in the bindings file so if you deploy more than
    1 sample "when" you rename your biztalk application for deployment change that too.

Search your project for "SCOTT" if you put
    it in a different schema as I did and change accordingly.

Add/Change credentials in your ports - make sure the oracle username is in CAPS - why? I don't know but you have to.  My actual username
    in Oracle is lower case (not upper) so I don't know what happens if your Oracle username is "FrujMiester" when there could be another user "fRUGmEISTER".

Also - now VS2008 will not allow you to create new VS BizTalk Projects.  Put the following in a .reg file and import ...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Projects\{FAE04EC0-301F-11d3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}]
    "PossibleProjectExtensions"="csproj;btproj"

Good Luck!

Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:29 PM

All replies

• Thanks Mike! The reason you need to give your username in CAPS is because the username and password are case sensitive. (Oracle lets you define case sensitive usernames - CREATE USER "sCoTT" is different from CREATE USER SCOTT. )
    Friday, October 23, 2009 4:19 AM
  • Mike,

We are trying to do the same set up ...

Win 2008/Visual studio 2008 64 bit/BTS 2009/ Adpter pack 2.0

Why did you install the ODAC 32 bit ?   You only need to  install the LOB 32 Bit  + 64 Bit LOB  right ?

Kiran    
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 9:02 PM