Why Add & Save Button on Navigation Toolbar of VS 2015 Database Programming is Not working? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

I made a simple Database project (in Visual Studio 2015) using an Access Database. The Add, Delete & Save buttons on the Navigation Toolbar are not working properly.

After entering new data by clicking the Add button I click Save button; when I reopen the program, the added new entry is not seen in the database.

Same project made few days ago using VS 2013 works fine.... but when I made another one with another Access Database on VS 2013 is not working properly. 

Can you please let me know why it is not working in VS 2015...... and Why one project made using VS 2013 is working & another one not working?

Thanks

Regards

VKSBK

A Real Novice Programmer !

Monday, May 11, 2020 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    is the database part of the project (seen in Solution Explorer) ? If so have you verified Copy to Output folder under its properties is not set to copy always?

--
    Best Regards / Viele Grüße
    Peter Fleischer (former MVP for Developer Technologies)
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

• Marked as answer by V.K.S.B.K Monday, May 11, 2020 12:15 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2020 10:10 AM
  • the default is for test and resetting and for production or next level testing use "Copy if newer"

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, May 11, 2020 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    is the database part of the project (seen in Solution Explorer) ? If so have you verified Copy to Output folder under its properties is not set to copy always?

--
    Best Regards / Viele Grüße
    Peter Fleischer (former MVP for Developer Technologies)
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Monday, May 11, 2020 10:10 AM
  • the default is for test and resetting and for production or next level testing use "Copy if newer"

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Monday, May 11, 2020 10:24 AM
  • Dear Karen Payne & Peter Fleischer,

Thank you very much for the reply & the help.

I didn't know about the "Properties" of the database file...; I changed it to "Copy if Newer" and now the "Save" works fine.

Thanks

Kind regards

VKSBK.

Monday, May 11, 2020 12:15 PM
  • Dear Karen Payne & Peter Fleischer,

Thank you very much for the reply & the help.

I didn't know about the "Properties" of the database file...; I changed it to "Copy if Newer" and now the "Save" works fine.

Thanks

Kind regards

VKSBK.

Microsoft use to have a page explaining this but not anymore so I wrote an article on this topic.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/53248.visual-studio-copying-files-to-debug-or-release-folder.aspx

StackOverFlow

Monday, May 11, 2020 1:51 PM