Some files in project not attached to TFS

Question

• Hi,

We are using the Team Foundation Server 2010 plug-in for Eclipse 3.5.2 and we are seeing some rather strange behavior.

Some of the files in our project which are under TFS control don’t seem to be recognized by the plugin as being under TFS control. The little DB icon in Package Explorer is missing for these files and selecting the team context menu for the file has greyed out all the Get and Check In functions. If however we select properties for the file, the Team Foundation Server entry shows the local and server name correctly which indicates that part of the plugin actually knows the file is under TFS control...

If I try deleting one of these files and undoing the pending delete, I get an error saying:

Error occured while inspecting changed resources.

Reason:

The item <...> already exists.

If I then delete the entire project from Eclipse, import it again and reattach it to TFS all the files in this state seem to get reattached. However it is getting increasingly frustrating so any help would be much appreciated!

By the way - this is happening for all the developers on our team. If we look at the files through Source Control in visual studio all looks fine...

Monday, July 5, 2010 10:02 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the inconvenience, it's possible our plug-in missed some event from Eclipse and cached incorrect information about these files (the properties dialog re-queries from the server, bypassing the local cache).  We recently fixed a similar issue where incorrect version information is cached after switching branches (this fix is scheduled to be included in our next release).

There is a simple work-around: have the plug-in fetch new information about the local items.  Select one or more projects (the top-most items) in the Package Explorer, right click on one, and choose Team > Refresh Server Item Information .  After the refresh job completes you should have the correct information about local versions.

Please let us know the steps to take to reproduce the bug if you can narrow them down.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 12:17 PM