Missing Images / Dead Image Links / Image Not Found Reporting RRS feed

• Question

• User-1042027039 posted
    Hi, Does the IIS SEO toolkit report on missing images. At the moment it does not seem to. I created a deliberate image tag with a dead link and ran the toolkit against it and it did not seem to report it as an error. Thanks in advance, Will
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:17 PM

All replies

• User56485982 posted

Yes, the "Violations" tab allow you to view broken links, image issues, etc.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-to-seo-technical-audit-using-seo-toolkit-for-iis/46876/

Monday, October 15, 2012 9:17 AM
  • User-1042027039 posted
    I now realise why this maybe happening. I am now using a CDN to serve up my image and other static files. As this is the case will any dead links from a different domain not get displayed? If so is there another way round this with the IIS SEO toolkit or another tool? Kind regrads, Will
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:05 AM
  • User-47214744 posted
    It will for one level links, for example, if you have link foo.com directly from bar.com then SEO toolkit will follow and report that, however if foo.com links then to others it will not follow that. I cannot remember from the top of my head if the built in report will exclude "external" links but you can choose to open the report in the query window and include those as well (IsExternal)
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:49 AM