none
Product Key

Question

• I was able to get a Visual Studio 2012 Express product key for my computer at home and at work (only use C#). Both home and work use the same key. When I tried to register a laptop MS sent the same key but it would not activate. With rare exception I am the only one that uses any of the systems. Sometimes I work at home at night and on my work desktop during the day. The laptop is for running equipment in the lab. There are a couple of other laptops that may also need Visual C#. All run Win7 Pro. Is there a limit? If not, what am I doing wrong?

Scott

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 3:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your VS2012 Express? For desktop or for Web?

As far as I know, VS2012 express is a free version of VS. And after registered. The returned key is always same.

For example: if you registered VS2012 Express. You will get a key. And the key is available for every VS2012 Express on every machine.

So for your problem. Please use the VS2012 Express in your laptop using this key.

If the key is not available. I suggest you could use VS2012 EXPRESS in your laptop then register it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:57 AM