WACK does not identify the windows store application without installing it in windows server 2012

Question

• Hi,

I have tried to execute the WACK test from command line(with administrator privileges) without installing the windows store application using the following command:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit>appcert test -apptype windowsstoreapp -AppxPackagePath C:\XXXX\XXXX\XXX.appx -reportoutputpath c:\Test.xml. 

It just executes the PROLOG Pahse successfully and throws the following error.

The Windows App Certification Kit cannot continue testing since the specified Windows Store App was not found. Please verify that the packagefullname is correct.

The environment used here is, Windows server 2012, MS Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate and this is a build server.

Note: The same command is working fine on my local windows 8 machine without installing the application.

Why is it? And how to get around this?

Thanks!

• Edited by stars123 Monday, July 15, 2013 12:45 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi stars123,

Which version of WACK are you using? I suggest you to install the latest verion 2.2

And why not install the windows store app before you use the WACK?

Best wishes,

James He
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:40 AM
  • Hi James,

Thanks for your response. 

Yes, I am using the latest version 2.2

Actually, I am integrating WACK test execution with TFS build. So that whenever I perform build it will automatically execute the WACK test once the build performed and this is a post build event.

In my local windows 8 machine WACK test will run automatically after creating the app packages(without installing the app),and it will give the execution result file. But this is not happening after checking in the code.

Thanks!

<o:p></o:p>

• Edited by stars123 Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:15 PM Updated
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:12 PM