Deploy App + Shared Data to SkyDrive, Google Drive, DropBox on Local File System? RRS feed

• Question

• The application is a 2-Tier Silverlight LightSwitch app used for passwords. I move from machine to machine on my LAN and I do not have a roaming password manager hence I have been working on building one.

I'd like to be able to control where the LightSwitch app is installed including the install of a shared instance of the SQL Express database. For example it sounds good to me to install the app to a folder on the local drive used for SkyDrive, Google Drive or DropBox. I'd also like to do the same with the database and then allow each subsequent install of the app access the shared data.

Now I understand LightSwitch ClickOnce installations are installed under the user profile, and run with no administrative privileges. But this goal of mine will apparently need elevated privileges so I'm looking for comments and resources to tricks and tips to learn how to use a setup & deployment package instead. And how to control the install of the database and subsequent connection strings to the shared data with each successive install of the app.

I've seen a few articles in these forums already but none cover getting started. Where should I get started with these concerns?

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:02 PM