none
I need IDEA for Windows Filtering Machine. Please help. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I am trying to develop a simple kind of Firewall. As I thought I could do with C# previously but I got to know that It is impossible unless you choose C or c++ language. And I started learning Windows Filtering Platform with some knowledge of General C/C++. I really cannot think or take decision what to implement, (like Driver or just user mode program) . And I have got some problem unsolved . That is

>How to View The filter applied to Base Filtering Engine.

> How to make filter condition permanent (in user mode) so that the packet is filter as windows starts.

>How to implement a algorithm to convert string ip address  to UINT 32? Is there an header file for that?

For a requirement: I mainly like to Block packet based on Ip address and port address, But I additionally want to inspect packet for virus(i will not do if it cost me large). And I am doing this for a project that I gotta submit within a week.

Please answer. And May Be as soon as possible. (thanks)

I am using : Windows 8 (Release Preview), Visual Studio 2012 RC.

Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:35 AM

Answers

• no you do not need a UM driver or service.  You can call the apis from any UM program.

You should install the WDK.  the docs for the WFPSampler are there.  essentially the exe is a command line parser, which talks to WFPSamplerService.exe.  The WFPSamplerCalloutDriver.sys exposes all of the callouts.

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights
    ------------------------------------------------------------

• Marked as answer by Xoror Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:32 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:26 PM

All replies