does session 0 isolation prevent excel interop to run correctly? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a service using office 2003 PIA to save excel spreadsheet, however when I try to run it on windows server 2008, it always gives error at this line

_workBook.SaveAs(excelPhysicalFilePath,Excel.XlFileFormat.xlWorkbookNormal,null,null,false,false,Excel.XlSaveAsAccessMode.xlExclusive,false,false,null,null,null) ;

I also has a test windows form app which runs exact same code and worked on windows server 2008, so my guess is the issue has something to do with this session 0 isolation implemented in vista/windows server 2008, does anyone have idea to how to solve this issue?

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:41 PM

All replies

• Have you had any resolution to this problem ?  I have had exactly the same problem and am trying to get it resolved now.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 2:55 PM
  • I believe the official Microsoft stance on this is that using Office Automation from a service has never been a supported scenario, because Office relies on access to an interactive GUI. Your best bet is either to generate OfficeXML instead or use one of the third party libraries that can generate Office binary format files from a service.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:42 PM