none
To create a web page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I bought expression web3 to sudy. Please anybody can help how I can start with a web page and houw to build a site map . Please it would be very helpful to send a a link  how to create a web page and to give site map.

With many thanks

Pol

polachan
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:16 PM

All replies

• Look in the BEFORE POSTING thread at the top of this forum. There are links to learning resources and tutorials in there. Start with by-expression.com, then w3schools. Also, the Learn tab in the menu at the top of the page.
    2010 is the 75th anniversary of Schrodinger's Cat. Hmmm...Do I buy a present or not?
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:20 PM
  • Open Expression and then press F1. The help section will open.
    Expression Web MVP
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 4:26 PM
  • Pol, it doesn't work that way. Oh, sure, there are tutorials that can show you how to create a simple page, but you've got a bit to learn first before you can build a meaningful, usable site. And you won't need a site map without, well, a site, not a single page.

I know it may be disappointing to learn this, but Web development is not simple. It is not simply Word for the web, or DTP for the Web. It is an entirely different technology, and there are many things to learn to be effective—HTML and CSS to begin with, file systems and site management, client-side script if you wish to incorporate page dynamics... well, you get the idea.

Your best start would be to consult the BEFORE POSTING thread at the top of the thread list. Toward the bottom you will find a very good list of learning resources. Start with Cheryl's thorough introduction to EW and page development in her extensive "Build a Basic Web Site" video tutorial. It will also introduce you to the concept and methods of using CSS to style your page. Then move on to the free w3schools HTML and CSS courses.

You can click the New icon in EW, then enter <h1>Hello, World!</h1> between the <body> tags, then preview. There you are, a Web page. Not much of a page, to be sure, but a fully functional Web page nonetheless. Not what you had in mind, is it? This is a forum, suited for short messages, not tutorials. That's why all of the links in BEFORE POSTING have been provided. Do take advantage of them.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:28 PM