Graphic Window problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys!

I have a small problem with my newest program. I use the Litdev and the Data extension for it. Here is the code: KBH720 or use the link!

Now, the problem is that everytime you start the program an additional graphic window shows up (The title is Small Basic Graphic Window). I think it is from the load screen part, but I hided it with three lines of code. So do you see the problem?

It would be also nice if you could tell me if there is an option in SB to start and end other .exe files. This would fix my problem too.

If there is no idea, I must try to learn a bit of .bat programming to start the .exe via bat file and the .bat file via SB.

I hope that you can help me. :)

Greetings Timo

• Edited by Timo Sö Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:20 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:19 PM

Answers

• Timo,

Yes, you can start another application within small basic.  You have to use Litdev's extension.  Here's an example that starts another incarnation of small basic:

LDProcess.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Small Basic\sb.exe")
    While "True"
      Program.Delay(100)
      endwhile

For the window naming issue I put a delay in while the windows were being created and watched as they were made.  The last window is the one that showed "Small Basic GraphicWindow".  I added one to the array count and it works as far as changing the name to what you want.  I don't know why it works like that, but it does work.  Maybe, Litdev would have some thoughts on it.

For xxx = 1 To Array.GetItemCount(Win)+1

JR

• Edited by jricestkEditor Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:48 PM Add more Info.
    • Marked as answer by Timo Sö Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:00 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Timo,

Yes, you can start another application within small basic.  You have to use Litdev's extension.  Here's an example that starts another incarnation of small basic:

LDProcess.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Small Basic\sb.exe")
    While "True"
      Program.Delay(100)
      endwhile

For the window naming issue I put a delay in while the windows were being created and watched as they were made.  The last window is the one that showed "Small Basic GraphicWindow".  I added one to the array count and it works as far as changing the name to what you want.  I don't know why it works like that, but it does work.  Maybe, Litdev would have some thoughts on it.

For xxx = 1 To Array.GetItemCount(Win)+1

JR

• Edited by jricestkEditor Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:48 PM Add more Info.
    • Marked as answer by Timo Sö Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:00 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks very much! It works very well with LDProcess. The additional window is now really hide.

Greetings Timo

Sunday, December 2, 2012 6:00 PM