none
Reviewing Pane getting corrupted in Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having some stability issues in my Word Addin with Reviewing Pane open in Word 2013.

I have reproduced the corruption issue in word document without my addin as well. Steps to reproduce are:

i. Create a new word document and insert two paras say "One" & "Two"
    ii. Now Turn ON track changes and insert another para with text "Three"
    iii. Now click Reviewing pane, to open it. "Three" is visible there. 
    iv. In Reviewing Pane, place your cursor on Three (dont select, just place), run this macro:

selection.text = demo

This corrupts the reviewing pane i.e entire main document content comes in reviewing pane. Sometimes it doesn't happen right away, but if user repeated clicks between Reviewing pane and Main Document, the corruption is visible.

Sometimes even tracked text also goes away.

Pls rerun the steps a couple of times if it's not reproducible in first shot (as the behaviour is somewhat weird).

Regards,
    Rahul

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:35 PM

All replies

• Hi bansal_r,

I tested according to your description many times, but couldn't reproduce your problem. I'm using Word 2013, OS is Win8.1 X64. 

What's the "demo" in your code? I suspect it might be the problem with the macro you run. To troubleshoot this problem, I suggest you firstly check if there're some errors in the VBA code you call.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:15 AM
  • Hi Caillen,

I'm using windows 7 64 bit  and Word 32 bit.

Macro isn't throwing any error. "demo" is simply a text that i used .. you can use any text. Idea is that selection point should be in reviewing pane text and then we try to modify the text using selection.text.

I'm able to reproduce it consistently.

Regards,
    Rahul

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:07 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this?

Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:02 AM
  • Hi bansal_r,

Sorry for the delay. To determine if it's a problem within Word application. I recommend that you firstly try to reproduce this problem on another machine, also check if this problem remains in Word 2010 or Word 2007. Make sure it's not a problem with other application, e.g. IME.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Hi Caillen,

I have reproduced this issue on other machines as well.

This issue happens ONLY for 2013 as reviewing pane behaviour is changes in word in 2013. Did you try reproducing it on windows 7 and word 2013?

Rahul

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:09 AM
  • Same problems with no macros in document.  Reviewing pane is completely useless.  causes word to crash every time. ran office repair.  Same problem.  What is the problem. 
    Friday, June 27, 2014 12:54 AM
  • I don't need any text.  Click a comment in the reviewing pane and the entire document shows up in the reviewing pane, then word crashes.  Almost seems like a endless loop.  The reviewing pane is showing the comments that are in the document that is now duplicated in the reviewing pane which refers to the comments that are in the document in the reviewing pane within the document within the reviewing pane?!?!

Please fix this.  Multiple stages of review comments are impossible to sort through without this feature.

Friday, June 27, 2014 1:05 AM