Integration with Facebook, twitter RRS feed

• Question

• User-910361580 posted

Hi

I am using razor webpages and try to integrate posting directly to facebook and twitter, as soon as a new article is posted on website.

I am new to doing all this in facebook and twitter and am unable to get it to working. Can anyone help me with the exact steps required to be performed on facebook/twitter. And then what needs to be done in the coding part.

Thanks

Sandy

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:49 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Sandy,

To integrate with Facebook and Twitter, you could refer Logging In Using External Sites in an ASP.NET Web Pages (Razor) Site.

This article explains how to log in to your ASP.NET Web Pages (Razor) site using Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo, and other sites.

Best Regards,

Chris

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:01 AM
  • User-910361580 posted

Thanks for the info Chris. But my aim is not to have a facebook or twitter login in the site, rather when the admin of the site is adding an article, I want to post the same article or a link, summary and image of the same in facebook ad twitter.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:06 AM
  • User-910361580 posted

To be more clear, I want to post to my own timeline.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 8:11 AM
  • User-2057865890 posted

Hi schadha,

Facebook Helper for WebMatrix allows you to integrate Facebook Social Plugins into your website. The Facebook Social Plugins include the Like button, Comments, Activity feed and more. Depending on the social plugins you wish to use.

Twitter Helper for WebMatrix is similar to the Facebook helper discussed above in that it allows you to integrate social plugins of the target site (Twitter in this case) into your Razor based websites. 

Twitter Helper with ASP.NET Web Pages
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/web-pages/overview/ui-layouts-and-themes/twitter-helper

Best Regards,

Chris

Friday, May 5, 2017 8:12 AM