locked
Unable to load DLL 'libglib-2.0-0.dll" RRS feed

  • Question

  • User118997 posted

    I am developing a GTK# application and I experience a problem when attempting to develop between Linux and Windows.

    After a while, I always get the following run-time error when launching the debugger in Xamarin Studio on Windows:

    I have checked the project as much as I can and as far as I can tell it shouldn't be looking for version 2.0-0 of libglib:

    Is anyone here able to shed some light on this error? The only way around it I've found so far is to start a new project in Xamarin Studio and then copy all my source code and classes over!

    Cheers,

    Brian

    Monday, March 13, 2017 5:07 PM

All replies

  • User118997 posted

    The only update I have on this is that the problem is a bit worse than I thought. Even when I start a brand new project I get these errors about libglib-2.0-0.dll.

    I have agonised over the project settings to try and find where this issue comes from but all to no avail.

    In a desperate attempt to get this working I even tried a complete reinstall of the environment. No luck. Tomorrow I will try a fresh install in my Windows VM to see if it works there. If not, it's surely a bug in the Xamarin Studio / GTK# environment.

    Monday, April 10, 2017 6:36 PM
  • User317703 posted

    Did you find anything that worked, Brian? I have the same problem.

    Note there's a difference between glib-sharp.dll and libglib-2.0-0.dll. The first one is the C# access to the second one, which is specific to machine.

    Thomas O'Dell

    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:56 AM
  • User118997 posted

    Hello Thomas,

    No unfortunately I didn't. However, the Xamarin environment installed an update yesterday and this seems to have cleared the problem. Projects that were previously throwing the error now run fine. And, if I start a new project, that runs fine as well.

    The update included the Xamarin DE and also GTK#. I haven't checked the change log yet but I'd like to because I have the same problem on LINUX and I'd like to try and resolve it there.

    If you make any progress I'd love to hear about it!

    Friday, April 21, 2017 7:21 AM