One Drive issue on Windows 10. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to help a friend of mine who lives 1,000 miles away with his new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit that was installed as an upgrade to his Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit. I believe that I had everything working OK. I was ready to end the session. I wanted to show him how to set up a PIN to log in. He could not remember his PIN, so we reset his PIN. He can log in with his PIN, however the desktop picture is gone, some of his ICONs are missing, he cannot seem to locate his music. I believe that we have these issues resolved. Ever since we change the PIN (reset PIN function I believe), we cannot get One Drive to work. He has One Drive on his Apple iPad and that works OK. When we go to open One Drive, it walks us through logging into his Microsoft account which we do. We finish the process, the little icon of a cloud on the task bar says something that I do not recall, but something positive like setting up or syncing, then the cloud icon goes dark and it says not logged in

When I go to the one drive subfolders in Explorer, and click on any of them, I get a permissions errors, but the folders do open, but are not synced with the cloud. If I click on the One Drive folder itself, top level folder, I get some box that opens asking if I want to use this folder anyway or create a new location. Creating a new location did not resolve the problem. I created one called OneDrive2. If I select the option to use this folder anyway, It takes me to the screen that walk me through setting up the OneDrive and logging in his Microsoft account again. This seems to be some kind of a loop that just continues over and over again every time we click on the OneDrive top level folder. We are logged into his Microsoft account. Resetting his PIN sure seemed to cause a big problem. Can anyone help?

dfazio@dfazio.com

Thanks,

Dave

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:43 PM