Problem building image with IBW RRS feed

• Question

• I created a bootable USB utility disk as per the documentation. On my device, I executed the setup.exe on my USB drive. After setup copied temporary files, I received the following error:

The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

and the setup aborted.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,

Steve
    Monday, December 28, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

• Thanks but I was able to create a bootable DVD with IBW and build an image. Unfortunately I no longer have the logs.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

This is an interesting problem that I haven't run across before. Would you mind sharing out your setup (Panther) logs?

Log locations:
    • While running "autorun" (before clicking "Build an Image" or "Deploy an Answer File or WIM")
      • No Logs
    • Before installation actually starts (before clicking "Next" on the disk selection screen)
      • X:\windows\panther
    • After installation starts
      • C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther
    • After installation completes
      • C:\Windows\Panther

Also, what are the hardware specifications of your device (Processor speed, RAM and disk space amount)?

You may also want to try to recreate your USB disk, as this may be simple file corruption.

Thanks!
    • Proposed as answer by Sampath K Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Thanks but I was able to create a bootable DVD with IBW and build an image. Unfortunately I no longer have the logs.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:54 PM