none
Can I get headers to the right and below of a matrix RRS feed

• Question

• Imagine, for instance, an order having item details.  The straight forward list could have the order number above or left of the detail.  How can move it over to the right or the bottom?

ordernumber

---item one

---item two...

salesman (parent information following the children)

Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:37 PM

Answers

• You can't.  You can rig up sub-groups right and/or below but you can't get out of the corners unless you do some major juryrigging to the data.  Microsoft keeps you in the corners.
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:21 PM

All replies

• Imagine, for instance, an order having item details.  The straight forward list could have the order number above or left of the detail.  How can move it over to the right or the bottom?

ordernumber

---item one

---item two...

salesman (parent information following the children)

Hi Mardukes,

Originally, the column/row headers are on the left/top of the detail rows.  Now you want to display them on the right/bottom of the detail rows, right? If so, you could achieve this requirement following these steps:

1.    Click the whole matrix control, and then press F4 button to open the properties grid window.

2.    Find out the property of GroupBeforeRowHeaders, type in the number of detail column. Then the column header will be displayed on the right.

3.    Right-click the detail row, move to Insert Row, then select Outside Group - below

4.    Type in the matrix header text string on the row just created in the step3.

5.    Delete your original matrix header, make sure you select the option of Delete rows only rather than Delete rows and associated groups

Preview the report, you will see the column header on the right side, row header on the bottom of the matrix, If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Challen Fu

Friday, October 1, 2010 9:29 AM
  • Thank you for this answer.  It's not working for me.  Maybe I didn't describe it correctly.

I have the page per order.  On the page I have two tablixes.  The top one has order item by an attribute of order item -- detail is check mark.

In the second one I have the same concept except each order item is being displayed with it's own matrix of attribute by attribute.  I need to get something BETWEEN each order item -- the item's description.  So it's two groups.

When I select the detail row of either group or the detail cell, ask for a group that is outside below, fill it with data and preview nothing different shows up.  Neither below EACH order item nor below the whole block.

On the other dimension, I see that I can "move" the row labels to the right of the detail.  I want and ADDITIONAL set of labels to the right.

Sunday, October 3, 2010 2:07 PM
  • Hi mardukes,

Based on your information, you might want to display item's description between each order item. I also notice that you insert the group outside below. Here I think you need insert a item detail group inside the item group. Then you could also set this group's visibility to utilize the drill-down function. For more information about drill-down in report, you could click this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964132(SQL.90).aspx 

If this is not what you want, you could post some draft to give more clarification about your report's layout, which is a big help for our further assitance.

Thanks,

Challen Fu 

Monday, October 4, 2010 5:35 AM
  • You can't.  You can rig up sub-groups right and/or below but you can't get out of the corners unless you do some major juryrigging to the data.  Microsoft keeps you in the corners.
    • Marked as answer by mardukes Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:21 PM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:21 PM