none
What's changed in Socket iplementation since .NET 1.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently working on a system which basically has 2 apps communicating over TCP/IP in a server-client architecture, implemented using Sockets.

That system was originally written in .NET 1.1, then upgraded to 2.0 and finally to 4.0.

As far as i know, no changes has been made to functionality (and to the code) in our system when we were upgrading the .NET version.

Despite that, since we upgraded the system to .NET 4.0, our client sometimes experience a problem. Basically, app A (client) is sending a message through Socket.Send to app B. App B, after receiving the message, is supposed to send an 'acknowledge' message to app A, and show a pop-up.

From what we observed, the message is properly sent from app A, but app B does not receive it, as it does not send ACK or show the popup.

As I said, the functionality (code) of app A and app B didn't change since the .NET 1.1 to 4.0 upgrade.
    Was there any changes to Socket implementation between those .NET versions? Is there a website where I can check some kind of "change log" of the .NET framework?

Regards,
    Qbol

Friday, December 11, 2015 11:35 AM

Answers