none
Dinotify.exe in the image of windows embedded standard 7 RRS feed

• Question

• There is a message which appears in the image of windows embedded standard 7. This message has the title: "Dinotify.exe" and says: "Windows can't find 'dinotify.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again." I used in this image the custom shell feature and my shell worked well. I want to know the reason of this message and how I can solve this problem.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 3:29 PM

All replies

• When does the message appear?
    "Learning without thought is labor lost; Thought without learning is perilous." Confucius
    Monday, October 17, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Dinotify is part of Driver Frameworks package. Do you have this package in the image? Is there a device you are trying to access when the the notification appears?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Monday, October 17, 2011 4:40 PM
  • This message appears when the computer starts up with windows embedded standard 7 as it is its operating system.

There isn't a device I am trying to access in that time. Which is this package I have to add in my image? I guess this problem may be because of a device in my computer which always makes error during the installation. I guess that because when I allow the image builder wizard to create the .PMQ file automatically and then complete the installation, there is an error message appears. When I follow the error, I find that the error because specific device and when I delete the information of this device from the .PMQ file and choose the new .PMQ file, the installation completes successfully.

Is what I guess correct? If not, what are the reasons of the message of "Dinotify.exe"?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:40 PM
  • Sounds like you are installing the image from IBW. Did you build the image from IBW or ICE?

If IBW, what happens when you create the image from ICE?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:50 AM