problem in installing crystal report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all I downloaded visual studio 2010 and also crystal report for vs 2010 provided by sap ( downloaded from ms site file named vlc-1.0.3-win32).I am using windows 7 os

now its OK download completed and when I install after first step ( clicking next ) setup popup goes to left site of my desktop. I can view the portion of dialog contains only (cancel button at bottom and form closing button X on right top) when I try to cascade window it does not work also pressing alt + space for moving window cursor for moving window comes but does not work . First time I thought it may be problem by my settings but it created same problem all 3 times in my machine. I checked it on another system with windows 7 same problem occurred.

I did not checked with other os as I don't have.

I do not know where to put this bug. If any of reader found that it is not correct place of submitting bug pls tell me where to complain.

thanks

bahushekh Want to add MVP with my name.
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Not sure what file you downloaded, I don't believe CR for VS 2010 is available from MS site.

Use this link to get to the one of the SAP download Pages for Service Pack 1

Also note: CR for VS 2010 can only be installed with all versions of VS 2010 except VS 2010 Express.

Don

Don Williams
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:07 PM
  • you can check following link for getting right CR installer for VS 2010

For getting SP1 you can check Service Pack 1    (as SAPDon posted)

Hasibul Haque, MCPD http://blog.e-rains.com
    Monday, April 11, 2011 4:04 AM
  • HI Bahushekh,

it is not any type of bug.  when you can't seen the full window after completing setup. just click on the window as you seen & press enter.

First time using VS-2010 &   in Win-7 For crystal report you may fall many problem but You can get some help From This.

Thank's

atik sarker
    Monday, April 11, 2011 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Not sure what file you downloaded, I don't believe CR for VS 2010 is available from MS site.

Use this link to get to the one of the SAP download Pages for Service Pack 1

Also note: CR for VS 2010 can only be installed with all versions of VS 2010 except VS 2010 Express.

Don

Don Williams
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:07 PM
  • you can check following link for getting right CR installer for VS 2010

For getting SP1 you can check Service Pack 1    (as SAPDon posted)

Hasibul Haque, MCPD http://blog.e-rains.com
    Monday, April 11, 2011 4:04 AM
  • HI Bahushekh,

it is not any type of bug.  when you can't seen the full window after completing setup. just click on the window as you seen & press enter.

First time using VS-2010 &   in Win-7 For crystal report you may fall many problem but You can get some help From This.

Thank's

atik sarker
    Monday, April 11, 2011 5:14 AM
  • Hi all thanks for all your replies . Pls forgive me for one mistake I downloaded it from Sap site as when I click new crystal report project it redirect me to the link for downloading CR from SAP site.  it is about 60 MB in size

I recheck it when I read the comments of SAPDon and found it is not ms site.

Thanks

bahushekh Want to add MVP with my name.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 9:36 AM
  • Hi Hasibul,

The links you pasted in are for the original release of CR for VS 2010. If you can edit them out and use these that would be better. Service Packs for CR for VS 2010 are complete builds, when updating it does a full uninstall and then install with the update.

It's on this page:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET 2010 - Support Pack 1

Thank you

Don

Don Williams
    • Proposed as answer by SAPDon Monday, April 11, 2011 1:26 PM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:24 PM