Sending Pivot Table in access to Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form that creates a pivot table Using, DoCmd.OpenQuery "ESCCodeSummary1", acViewPivotTable, acEdit what I want to do is send that Pivot table to outlook if anyone can help do this i would appreciate it. thanks in adavance.

Friday, August 15, 2008 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi

If you are wanting to paste the Pivot table directly from Access 2003 or below, into the body of a mail message then I don't think this can be done. I don't know of a way to take the entire pivot table to the clipboard, and the export fuction will always take the data in the query rather than the pivot table.. I don't know if 2007 is able to do this.

All that I can suggest is that you have an Excel template, which is linked to the query, you can open Excel from Access update the pivot table and copy this into the body of the e-mail using CDO. There is a very useful link to how to use CDO in an early post by Suznal. I have used the code from this link in a number of spreadsheets to mail graphs. The link is:

http://www.xcelfiles.com/Outlook_Chart.html

Regards

ADG

Saturday, August 16, 2008 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you are wanting to paste the Pivot table directly from Access 2003 or below, into the body of a mail message then I don't think this can be done. I don't know of a way to take the entire pivot table to the clipboard, and the export fuction will always take the data in the query rather than the pivot table.. I don't know if 2007 is able to do this.

All that I can suggest is that you have an Excel template, which is linked to the query, you can open Excel from Access update the pivot table and copy this into the body of the e-mail using CDO. There is a very useful link to how to use CDO in an early post by Suznal. I have used the code from this link in a number of spreadsheets to mail graphs. The link is:

http://www.xcelfiles.com/Outlook_Chart.html

Regards

ADG

Saturday, August 16, 2008 3:02 PM
  • Thanks, ADG

I appreciate the feedback.

Monday, August 18, 2008 4:33 PM