none
can a shape show icons or dots RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

>>I want to show icons at inner intersections of ovals. They should be as per values in cells in sheet. Icons may be dots or anything possible.

There is no such property for the Shape object that we can show the icon for a shape. As a workaround, we can display the icon based on the shape's position as we wanted. 

In addition, this forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve Excel product like Excel automation and customization, if you still have problem about using Excel I suggest that you reopen a new thread in Excel IT Pro Discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Shapes are Vector mapped graphics objects. A possible solution is draw the shap, copy width/length region

as a bitmap then draw your icon/dots.  Please provide more info about your objectives.

Hope this helps. :)

Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:46 AM
  • I have ovals one out side another. I want to show icons at inside or out side of each oval based on cell value in excel cell.
    Saturday, March 19, 2016 8:30 AM
  • Hello,

Your request isn't clear, would provide specific or a screen shot of before/after for your idea?

Do you want to make a visual change to Excel button/cells or plot Icons on a pie chart or 3D matrix?

Please provide more details.

PS.

I found some link that are similar to your request, take a look at them;

Microsoft Visio 2010 or Database Sources

• Edited by User3DX Saturday, March 19, 2016 10:02 AM Helpful links
    Saturday, March 19, 2016 9:55 AM
  • I have this,

I want to show icons at inner intersections of ovals. They should be as per values in cells in sheet. Icons may be dots or anything possible. They are 5-6 different values. Outer side months name are ok.

regards

Saturday, March 19, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

>>I want to show icons at inner intersections of ovals. They should be as per values in cells in sheet. Icons may be dots or anything possible.

There is no such property for the Shape object that we can show the icon for a shape. As a workaround, we can display the icon based on the shape's position as we wanted. 

In addition, this forum is for developers discussing developing issues involve Excel product like Excel automation and customization, if you still have problem about using Excel I suggest that you reopen a new thread in Excel IT Pro Discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:10 AM