none
"Windows Update could not search for Update" Error Code 80070015 RRS feed

• Question

• Under the advice of a support engineer, reposted from Microsoft Answers forums.

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise edition provided by the university I'm attending. It installed fine (Around August '10) and has been updating itself like clockwork until the beginning of March this year. At which point the update service started returning Error Code 80070015. After a month or so of on and off searching i could not find any information on this error code. The closest I could get were 800700XX error codes. I followed the instructions since they seemed relatively benign. It involved stopping the update service, deleting temp files, and resuming the service. No luck.

And based on the results I found I should mention, this has nothing to do with my disk drives, this is not presented as a hex memory location (i.e. 0x80070015), and has nothing to do with setting up a printer or other peripheral. My computer works perfectly in all other ways. I have run several virus scans both with MSE (With the most recent definitions) and MalwareBytes.

For troubleshooting's sake I'm on a Comcast broadband connection with absolutely no connectivity issues.

I'd also welcome a moderator moving this to the appropriate forum, if it is misplaced.

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:43 PM

All replies

• It is probably blocked by your university firewall.  If you do not have an unfiltered connection it is probably timing out.

laptop repair oklahoma

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:45 PM