• Hi,

I am able to configure BAM Alerts.

NS$BamAlerts service is started.

Installed components.
    •SQLServer2005_XMO_x64
    •sqlncli_x64.msi
    •SQLServer2005_ADOMD_x64.msi
    •SQLServer2005_NS_x64.msi

On the BAM Portal, I can save an alert and 'Execute Query' returns rows for the condition that I select to save the alert.

I add a File subscription. But I am unable to get any alert file in the folder.

There are no errors/ warnings reported in the event log.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sharmishtha

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 10:29 AM

Answers

• When the BAM alert doesn’t work, there are 3 places things would go wrong:

1. Installation  and configuration.
    2. Permission for your folder where BAM alerts are subscribed to.
    3. Your resultset doesn’t match to the alert criteria.

FYI, once you have the query in BAM portal which returns some resultset, you have to select “Set Alert” not just “Save Query” as you said to set the alert. Once alert has been set, you have subscription as you have defined to file. And ensure the file directory has got permissions.

Review your installation and configuration for BAM alerts.  http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=11503

You can validate the BAM alerts by executing the following command in the Notification Services Command Prompt

nscontrol.exe status –name BAMAlerts –server <NS DB Server>

For any issue in installation or for resultset doesn’t match to the alert criteria, you will not get any every error/warning in the eventlog.

Regards,

M.R.Ashwin Prabhu

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, March 25, 2015 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 4:12 PM