Ordering Display Folders in Measure Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Simple question. I have a bunch of display folders within a measure group. My users would like to see these folders in a particular order. Currently they are sorted alphabetically (default I suppose) but the order they would like to see them in is defined by user priority of the metrics.

So say my Display folders for my metrics are currently as such:

A

B

C

D

The users want to see them ordered like this:

C

D

B

A

How can I manually define the order?

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, this is not supported. One possible work around is prefix the folder name like this:

1_C, 2_D, 3_B and 4_A.

Hope this helps,

Raymond

• Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:03 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can change the display order of the measure groups of your cube. Follow the steps mentioned below to achieve that:

1. Open your SSAS DB project in BIDS.
    2. Double-click on the cube from the solution explorer. This would open the cube designer tab.
    3. In the cube structure tab you would see the measure groups displayed under the cube.
    4. Select the measure group and click on the "Move up" or "Move Down" icons to move the measure groups. You can find these icons beside the "Delete" icon in the tool bar under "Cube Structure" tab .
    5. Save the cube and click on "Browser" tab to verify if the measure groups are properly ordered or not.
    6. Deploy the cube to reflect the changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ranjith

• Proposed as answer by Ranjith_Uniq Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:23 PM
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:15 PM
  • Hi and thank you for the reply. I am not trying to move measure groups, I am trying to move the Display Folders within the measure groups.

In Bids in the property window when you click on a measure you see Display folder. This allows measures within a measure group to be put into folders. It is the folders that I am trying to sort.

Thanks,

-Steve

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:38 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, this is not supported. One possible work around is prefix the folder name like this:

1_C, 2_D, 3_B and 4_A.

Hope this helps,

Raymond

• Marked as answer by Raymond-Lee Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:03 AM
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:11 AM