how to read pdf file from sql server database RRS feed

• Question

• I want to read pdf file in the database sql server

but i want to read from my application  or open adobe reader

Saturday, June 18, 2011 1:23 PM

Answers

• Hi KhaLeeL,

Your question is not that clearly to me. Do you mean you want to open PDF file in your application or open PDF file from SQL server in your application?

Three approaches for opening PDF documents in applications.

1. Process.Start(".pdf filepath")

2. WebBrowser.navigate(".pdf filepath")

3. Add a ADOBE PDF Reader component to your toolbox by adding COM components 'ADOBE PDF Reader' from Choose Toolbox Items window, and have AdobeReader.src = ".pdf filepath"

These methods are on the premise of Adobe Reader is well installed on your computer

But if you mean you want to open .PDF in SQL Server, then it will be a bit complicated because it is not a data type. However, you could have some PDF converter utilities that allow you to convert a .PDF to an image format.

Best Regards,

Kee Poppy [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by KhaLeeL ZoURoB Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:25 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi KhaLeeL,

Your question is not that clearly to me. Do you mean you want to open PDF file in your application or open PDF file from SQL server in your application?

Three approaches for opening PDF documents in applications.

1. Process.Start(".pdf filepath")

2. WebBrowser.navigate(".pdf filepath")

3. Add a ADOBE PDF Reader component to your toolbox by adding COM components 'ADOBE PDF Reader' from Choose Toolbox Items window, and have AdobeReader.src = ".pdf filepath"

These methods are on the premise of Adobe Reader is well installed on your computer

But if you mean you want to open .PDF in SQL Server, then it will be a bit complicated because it is not a data type. However, you could have some PDF converter utilities that allow you to convert a .PDF to an image format.

Best Regards,

Kee Poppy [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by KhaLeeL ZoURoB Saturday, January 24, 2015 10:25 AM
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:21 AM
  • I have about 10000 pdf file stored in sql server db and i want to read any file >>>> wht i want >>> by the ID
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:33 PM