Visual Studio 2017 Professional throws exception with "Build" when using extension. RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure whether this is the correct place to ask. Please direct me to a better place if necessary.

We have an extension that I have upgraded from VS 2015. The extension creates a solution from a custom project template (which is actually just a blank library project) and loads source files from a database. When I try to build the solution/project VS 2017 crashes.

"Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown."

InnerException: "How can this happen?"

I'm also wondering how this can happen. It doesn't happen in VS 2015.

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Monday, October 16, 2017 6:28 AM
    Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I will move your thread to Visual Studio Development > Visual Studio Integrate for professional support. If you have problem about visual studio IDE, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi Efnicht,

Could you create a new similar project in your VS2017?

We have to make sure that VS2017 supports this project type firstly. 

>>The extension creates a solution from a custom project template (which is actually just a blank library project) and loads source files from a database.

Which dll file has this issue, System.Data.dll or others?

You could try to change the target platform(X86/X64/Any CPU), view the result. Maybe 32 process used 64 bit assembly or others. 

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 9:45 AM