none
Why won't my published app install on Surface RT, but installs fine on desktop? RRS feed

• Question

• Why won't my published app install on Surface RT, but installs fine on desktop

I have have an app named "Riskien keskellä" published in the Windows Store. During development it ran and installed (when debugging of course) fine on the Surface RT.

Now, when it's published in the store, I can download it just fine on my Windows 8.1 desktop, and install it. But when I try to install it on the Surface RT, it just says something along the lines of "your device may not meet the requirements for this app".

The supported processors are x86, x64 and ARM that are reported on the store page, and those are correct. The supported languages are Finnish (Suomi), and the Surface RT IS in Finnish. My Desktop is in english, and that works fine.

The store error description doesn't help in any way since the app works fine when deployed as a debug build.

How can I resolve this and make my app install on Surface RT tablets, which it was made for?

EDIT: This is RESOLVED. The problem was with confusing error messages. The development version of the app was still installed on the device, and the result was that the store version refused to install.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:56 PM