none
custom ribbons toggle button do not unchecked (default state) after checking it on mail send button click RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a custom addIn for outlook 2007 using VS2010.

I have created a custom Ribbon using xml containing a single toggleButton control. This is for new message screen. After clicking the "New Mail Message" from outlook custom ribbon visible along with the toggle button. Once I pressed the toggle button and sent the mail the toggle button remains same (on press) for every new message later. Can anybody please help me how to make toggleButton getPressed status to unchecked for every new mail message click event.

Thanks.

Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:47 AM

Answers

• The getPressed callback is where you can specify the toggled state of your button. Are you using it for that?

When a new mail item is opened are you calling an Invalidate method to invalidate either the entire ribbon or your control? That in turn should trigger the getPressed callback where you can specify the button state.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Zakir-h Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:04 AM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 3:19 PM
  • Thanks for your information. I have checked it earlier and found solution as you mentioned. I need to just invalidate controls on every new mail message click.
    • Marked as answer by Zakir-h Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:06 AM

All replies

• The getPressed callback is where you can specify the toggled state of your button. Are you using it for that?

When a new mail item is opened are you calling an Invalidate method to invalidate either the entire ribbon or your control? That in turn should trigger the getPressed callback where you can specify the button state.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Zakir-h Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:04 AM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 3:19 PM
  • Thanks for your information. I have checked it earlier and found solution as you mentioned. I need to just invalidate controls on every new mail message click.
    • Marked as answer by Zakir-h Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:06 AM