Connection issue - Windows mobile 6 emulator with WMDC ( windows mobile device center) in Windows 7 Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

The issue is, I am unable to connect Windows mobile 6 emulator with WMDC ( windows mobile device center) in my new Windows 7 VM. Because of some unknown reasons, WMDC does not detect the emulator.

I have changed configuration setting and tried different possible way but it does not work.

Observations:

1) In my old VM, which is windows XP and Microsoft active sync is used in place of WMDC, I have never seen this problem. Unfortunately, in windows 7 machines, WMDC is the replacement of Microsoft active sync, so I am unable to install Microsoft active sync in new VM.

2) Though, I am unable to connect WMDC in my VM but in my local laptop which is also windows 7. I don't face any problem.

So, to solve this issue, I have done some research. 

During my research, I found that WMDC does not work effectively in remote machine.

link : http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp6n-sync/device-center-not-seeing-emulators/3dfe7b66-6296-42ba-801e-e28329709c05

Please help me, as it is very important.

Kind Regards

Atul

• Edited by atulkawde Monday, September 22, 2014 11:22 AM
    • Moved by Eric Fleck Monday, September 22, 2014 5:12 PM WM6 and WMDC
    Monday, September 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Atul,

From your description, you need to connect Windows mobile 6 emulator with WMDC in win7. Please read this similar issue:WMDC emulator connection issues and refer to mlenarz's solution.           

Just prior to the emulator's return to functionality, firing-up some of the other emulators to see if they were having issues as well (they weren't).  After trying some other emulators, he went back to the one he want to use, and when he cradled the emulator, it worked.

Or this one:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Smartphones/Q_27156516.html

connect via a different remote tools

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:05 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry, we have no support for Windows Mobile 6 at this time.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, September 22, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Hi Atul,

From your description, you need to connect Windows mobile 6 emulator with WMDC in win7. Please read this similar issue:WMDC emulator connection issues and refer to mlenarz's solution.           

Just prior to the emulator's return to functionality, firing-up some of the other emulators to see if they were having issues as well (they weren't).  After trying some other emulators, he went back to the one he want to use, and when he cradled the emulator, it worked.

Or this one:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Smartphones/Q_27156516.html

connect via a different remote tools

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 9:05 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks all for your reply.

I have tried given suggestion but nothing seems to be working.

I believe, there is something that needs to be done in Virtual machine so that WMDC can establish partnership with emulator. Because, in my local machine, I don't face any problem.

WMDC of my virtual machine does not detect any emulator, it does not matter which version of emulator I use.

Please help me because I am struggling with this quite a long time.

Regrads

Atul

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:21 AM
  • Hi Atul,

If you want to connect to do development then you just need the VM and the Tools to be on the same network.  When you look at the IP address of your device(VM) and your Computer(PC) are they on the same subnet?  For example my PC & VM IP addresses have the same first three numbers 169.192.88.xxx. Do yours?

Note that when you are doing development you are actually using CoreCon so I don't think WMDC is actually required. Here are some links that might help:

If you launch the Emulator from Visual Studio, it should connect and allow you to deploy. That may also fix your WMDC connection.

Worth a try anyway!

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:47 PM