none
Cannot export pivot query from Access 2007 after installing Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I  have an access 2007 database that is attached to SharePoint list for the table sources. There are a number of queries that prepare a local table as the controlsource for a form (pivot table view). 

Users that have installed Project 2010, immediately receive the error, "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done."  Then the next error message reads "Data provider could not be initialized."  Users that have a version prior to 2010, are able to execute the export without any errors.

I have tried changing the export from a form to a query to see if that was the problem. This did not change the error messages. I used the following code to export the query:

DoCmd.OpenQuery "qryPTProjectDetailAllResourcesRedo", acViewPivotTable, acEdit
        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPivotTableExportToExcel

Reinstalling Access 2007 is not an option because of the distributed nature of the users. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:07 PM

All replies

• After all this time the only solution that I have found that has worked is to Repair the Office application through the Control Panel. Run the Uninstall option for Office but ONLY do a Repair. Once this is complete, the database will export pivot tables without any problems.
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:25 PM