When will this book be published? RRS feed

• Question

• I wish Mr. Stott or Newkirk will see this.

Anyone has information about this book:

Visual Studio Team System - Better Software Development for Agile Teams
    by Will Stott and James Newkirk.

When will it be published?

Thanks!
    Tuesday, July 25, 2006 12:31 AM

Answers

• Jim's book is being written as we speak. It looks good for an end of year release but don't quote me on it.

Randy

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:28 PM

All replies

• I agree!  It's referenced in the most wonderful book by Sam Guckenheimer, and that would have been an immediate sale for me, but the book just wasn't there!!!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:00 PM
  • Jim's book is being written as we speak. It looks good for an end of year release but don't quote me on it.

Randy

Monday, July 31, 2006 8:28 PM
  • We're hoping an early version of book will be made available electronically within the next couple of months and it should be available from bookstores before the end of the year.

Jim and I very much appreciate your interest as we've dedicated a huge amount of time writing this book. The chapters are only ten pages or so long, but there's over thirty of them organized into ten sections. We've aimed the book at a small failing team that hope to improve the way they develop software by taking the following steps:

1. Sharp Tools and Values

2. Introduce Agile Development

3. Use Version Control

4. Build and Integrate Often

5. Test-Driven Development

6. Learn from Models and Patterns

7. Implement Customer Testing (FIT)

8. Estimate and Plan

9. Practice for Deployment

10. Reveal Value

We trust you'll find the book worth the wait, but hope you will understand our need now to focus on finishing it.

Regards

Will Stott and James Newkirk

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:43 AM
  • Update on publication date:

The book will be published in May 2007. We're sorry about the delay, but hope you find the wait worthwhile. Please come and take us to task at Tech-Ed in Orlando  

Will

Monday, March 26, 2007 11:44 AM
  • OMG i want more of this book, will you be updating the content for VS 2008?? greetings and congrats for an excellent book

Sunday, January 20, 2008 8:52 PM