How to access Windows::UI namespace via WP DLL

Question

• Is there a way to access the Windows::UI namespace (and child namespaces) from a Windows Phone 8.1 DLL? I'm in the process of porting over my game engine to support Win Store/WP8.1. I noticed that the templates for creating a DirectX Store/WP8.1 project has a renderer setup for you ready to go that you can use. The sample code passes around a CoreWindow reference to the renderer/DeviceResources classes. I tried to reference the Windows::UI namespaces to reference a CoreWindow, but noticed that does not come up in Intellisense. I only have access to Windows::Core. So for now, I'm referencing an IUnknown interface, which CoreWindow inherits from, and passing that to my renderer in order to properly create the swap chain. Is there no way to access Windows::UI from a DLL? Thanks!
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hi th3proph3cy,

Windows::Core? I don't think we have such namespace in Windows Store/Windows Phone 8.1, the one you are accessing might be Windows.UI.Core

As I can see from Windows.UI documentation, you can definitely access it from your project, its not accessed from a dll, but instead it included in the Windows.winmd.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:24 AM