Isolated Shell: Microsoft.VisualStudio.XsdDesigner.Package.DesignerPackage package load failure RRS feed

• Question

• If I run an Isolated Shell project, and load an XML file, I get a pkg load failure for the XsdDesigner.
    Does anyone else see this?  Is this a known issue?
    Doesn't seem to otherwise cause any harm in the XML editor.

Evan

Forgot to say I'm using VS 2008; haven't tried with 2010 beta.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Hongye,

I don't want the XsdDesigner; I just wanted to avoid the package load failure msg when opening an xml file in my iso shell app.

But your post did expose the problem: the XsdDesigner pkg IS in the registry, but the CodeBase is wrong.  In my registry, it points to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\Xml\Microsoft.VisualStudio.XsdDesignerPackage.dll".
    I fixed the problem by adding the pkg to my pkgundef file.

thanks,
    Evan
    • Marked as answer by EvanR Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:42 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Evan,

Thanks for your post.

XsdDesigner is not included in the VSShell base configuration. Only XmlEditor is included.

If you want to add XsdDesigner package into the shell, please add following code into pkgdef file:

[$RootKey$\Packages\{20aaf8fa-14c0-4897-8ca0-4d861e2b1212}]
    "MinEdition"="Standard"
    "CompanyName"="Microsoft"
    "Class"="Microsoft.VisualStudio.XsdDesigner.Package.DesignerPackage"
    "ProductVersion"="1.0"
    "ID"=dword:000003e8
    "ProductName"="XML Schema Designer"
    @="Microsoft.VisualStudio.XsdDesigner.Package.DesignerPackage"
    "InprocServer32"="%windir%\\SysWOW64\\mscoree.dll"
    "CodeBase"="$=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\InstallDir$PrivateAssemblies\\Microsoft.VisualStudio.XsdDesignerPackage.dll"
    Please let me know if it works. Thanks.
    Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    See what's happening in MSDN forum? Follow us at Twitter.
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 5:51 AM
  • Hi Hongye,

I don't want the XsdDesigner; I just wanted to avoid the package load failure msg when opening an xml file in my iso shell app.

But your post did expose the problem: the XsdDesigner pkg IS in the registry, but the CodeBase is wrong.  In my registry, it points to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\Xml\Microsoft.VisualStudio.XsdDesignerPackage.dll".
    I fixed the problem by adding the pkg to my pkgundef file.

thanks,
    Evan
    • Marked as answer by EvanR Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:42 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:42 AM
  •  我也遇到这个问题了 ,不知道你解决了吗
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:02 AM