none
Outlook Addin (Application Level and Document Level) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am new to VSTO programming. What i want to do is to create a Command Bar Button which appears at Application Level as well as Document Level in Outlook.

Any idea how this can be done? I appreciate your help.

Thanks

V

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:55 PM

All replies

• I wish this would help you. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268864(v=vs.80).aspx
    Whatever happens , we shall keep going on.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:10 PM
  • Thanks Justin

The sample code will only add toolbar and buttons to Outlook Explorers. It does not add the same to Inspectors. I need to add the same toolbar to Explorer and Inspector.

Thanks

V

Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Which version of office are you using?
    Whatever happens , we shall keep going on.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Explorer.CommandBars provides the top level reference to the folder menus/toolbars. Inspector.CommandBars provides the same level reference for Inspectors.

Of course in Outlook 2007 or 2010 any UI added to an Inspector using CommandBars will be relegated to the Add-Ins tab. The preferred UI approach in those cases is to use the Ribbon either from the VSTO ribbon designed or from Ribbon XML you supply to the ribbon handler override of the service request.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:41 PM
  • Outlook 2003

Thanks

V

Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Then just use Inspector.CommadBars (or ActiveInspector) to get the top level reference you need in Outlook 2003.
    Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Here are the versions i am using.

Outlook 2003

VS 2008

Microsoft VS 2005 Tools for Office

Thanks

V

Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:10 PM