none
Best durection to upgrade old Access Database Application RRS feed

• Question

• I try upgrade several Access Database are built in Access 97. I moved all the data to the SQL Database and leave all other objects in the Access Database.  I have our SharePoint available to be used. What I can do use it? The function exact like as the backend database in SQL Sever. Or I could use SharePoint to the make front end application ?

Thanks!

Friday, July 14, 2017 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Daphne,

That's correct. There is not migration path from MDB to an online version. You'll have to start over. Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Daphne1212 Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:04 PM

All replies

• "Best" may depend on your needs and environment. Do you need online access to the data? Do you want to keep the whole thing within your company's network? Etc...
    Friday, July 14, 2017 6:04 PM
  • Thanks! I have the data in SQL server, and move the front DB online.  All MS library and Active control file installed at each local PC.  Thanks!
    Friday, July 14, 2017 7:24 PM
  • Hi Daphne1212,

It seems that your issue has been solved, I suggest you mark your solution as answer to close this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

Monday, July 17, 2017 11:41 PM
  • I am seeking the better way to become the mdb application online instead of desktop.  I need confirm: It's no way to get there. I have to develop the new application and trash the mdb file.  Thanks! 
    • Edited by Daphne1212 Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:21 PM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:20 PM
  • Hi Daphne,

That's correct. There is not migration path from MDB to an online version. You'll have to start over. Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Daphne1212 Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:39 PM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:04 PM