none
how to customize or rearrange visual studio navigation bar

Question

• Hi,

Hope it's ok if I cross post my stackoverflow question here in case someone knows the answer (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40309843/how-to-customize-or-rearrange-visual-studio-navigation-bar)

"Is there a way to rearrange Visual Studio's code view navigation bar? (Press Ctrl-F2 to highlight).
    What I'm trying to do is reverse the order of dropdowns, so that the member dropdown is first, then the types dropdown, then the projects dropdown. It would help not having to tab when navigating with keyboard since I'm almost always there for the methods dropdown."

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Viet Trang,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio Setup and installation.

As your issue is related to visual studio general questions ,I help you move this case to Visual
    Studio general questions
    forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 31, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hi Viet Trang,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, I have search around and it looks like there is no place to customize the order of those dropdown list in the navigate bar, now we can only turn on and off the navigation bar through Tools-Options -> Text Editor -> All Language-> Navigate bar.

I have reported your idea/suggestion to the Visual Studio Product Team, please check here: https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/16912738-vs-navigate-bar-ctrl-f2-allow-us-to-customize-th and you can vote it, to drive the attention of the Visual Studio Product Team administrators to this User Voice, then patiently waiting for the response from the Visual Studio Product Team  engineers, thank you very much for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016 3:07 AM