Blank App (XAML) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Just bought the book "Head First C#" to enhance my skills in C# and VS.

Thing is that i have VS 2015 Community and the book refers me to open up a new projekt and to make sure that I have Visual C# ->Window store and from there to choose Blank App (XAML). Now I can't find that.

Do I need to change tp VS 2013 or what do I have to do to be able to follow the book??

Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi klas jensgard 

This called UWP (universal windows app) in visual studio 2015. 

There is not a windows store project (they changed it) in vs 2015 you only have uwp projects and windows 8 apps. 

take a look at this link for windows universal apps 

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/universal-windows-platform/

for older versions of visual studio: 

https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/older-downloads/

Kind regards

Laurens

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by laurens vdb Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:59 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Monday, September 25, 2017 3:14 AM
    Sunday, September 10, 2017 12:52 PM
  • @Klas Jensgard,

laurens is right, the windows store is a template which is now called UWP. So what you are looking for is a template which belongs to old Windows Store app. You can create the same app based on Laurens' direction.

However if you want to learn C# it's better to start from a console app. Any update regarding your question now? Do you have any more questions?

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Hi Klas,

According to your description, your issue is more related about Developing Universal Windows apps. And this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, I will move this thread to corresponding forum: Developing Universal Windows apps for dedicated information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 25, 2017 5:22 AM