none
Open excel files in Microsoft Excel for iOS from a react-native app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm developing an iOS app through react-native and I want the user to open .xlsx and .xls files in Microsoft Excel for iOS. I have read through docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/client-developer/office-uri-schemes which talks about the URI schemes. 

The links shows methods to deep link if the files are somewhere on the internet using URL. It doesn't talk anything about opening those files that are stored locally on the device (iPhone or iPad).

Can you please show me how can one open a locally stored file directly in Excel using "office URI schemes"?

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Safi,

This Excel IT Professional forum is for general questions and feedback about Office clients. To help you better resolve the problem, I will move the thread to Excel for developers Forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Emily

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:38 AM
  • Hi Emily,

Thanks. Do I need to do anything or will you do that yourself?

Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:00 PM